After a long day there’s nothing like a serene environment all to yourself. Imagine a soothing space for a shower or bath that quietly refreshes your spirit. You can create that oasis and we can help. A beautiful vanity, some space saving storage, seating, and of course the right light. Here’s our spa like space checklist-
- Floating vanities feel modern and soothing, adding airiness to a small space. We’ll be sharing some of the beautiful primary bath’s we’ve worked on recently on Instagram here.
- A dry niche? Yes! No longer relegated to the shower or bath, a dry niche in the wall next to your vanity offers lux storage for your candles, creams and a plant or two.
- Thick and thirsty towels are a must!
- Seating earns its place. From a bamboo stool in the shower to a stylish bench near the tub, a spot to perch is a luxury you need. A small pendant will light this space.
- Basic lighting won’t do. Updated lighting punches above its weight and new lighting makes an instant impact. Your “spa” calls for a distinct contrast to the hard finishes in a bathroom. For example, pendants in natural materials give an airy glow as ambient light, over the tub, and on either side of the mirror.
- Limit the light- use dimmer switches on your lighting to give candle-like quality at the switch.
Our lighting designers can help you reconfigure your bathroom using lighting. At Madison Lighting, we’re specialists with lighting, creating spaces that will sooth and renew at the end of the day while generating the right light in the morning’s, too. Each year we look for the best trends in home lighting and share 5 of them with you here. In 2024, our 5 favorites include high polish fixtures that are rather glamorous and personal, spa-like spaces. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for gorgeous images of local homes we’ve worked on. Then shop online or here in our showroom for more on bringing light to life.