Building a Home? Save Time and Money!
Save money and beat internet pricing by 20-25% when you’re granted the discount we extend to builders and interior designers. Pay less than our everyday low pricing for an additional year past your closing on more than 100,000 fixtures and fans.
1. Start planning
- Some customers work with their builder or an interior designer, and some use the expertise of our lighting consultants. We welcome you and your team to the process.
- Create a file of appealing light fixtures photos, and/or room shots from Instagram, Pinterest, or Houzz.
- Start a WISH LIST on Madison Lighting’s website. Organize by room or by style. Keep notes on what you like about each fixture. Sharing your Wish List with our experts and your interior designer or builder is a great way to communicate with us between design consultations.
- Collect samples of flooring, carpeting, countertops, tile, and paint.
- Get a copy of your house plan and detailed kitchen plan.
- Know your budget or contract allowance.
- Know your new home’s address.
- Call us to schedule an appointment with a Madison Lighting Lighting Specialist about the time your builder digs the basement.
- We’ll help with your selection process, steering you quickly through the thousands of lighting options available.
2. During Your Project
- We will order, receive shipment, and store all fixtures for your builder or interior designer, then deliver them to your site when needed, eliminating the need for you to make repetitive job site visits delivering internet purchases.
- We will order your fixtures to keep your project on schedule.
- If needed, we’ll schedule and coordinate a jobsite walkthrough with you, your builder, interior designer, and electrician at the “rough-in” stage of construction.
- We’ll review placement of all fixtures, making sure sizes and heights are appropriate.
- We’ll resolve conflicts with framing, ductwork, and plumbing. Along with you and your electrician, we’ll locate your switching preferences together.
- Any last-minute additions or subtractions? We’re here!
3. Working with you
- We’re uniquely trained to create beautiful spaces with light.
- We have a vast selection of light fixtures, including many not available online. Our staff are experts at finding the right fixtures!
- We’ll create an individual, functional design for your home and family.
- Enjoy custom service at no additional cost. We will work independently with you or partner with your interior design team, builder, and electrician.
- We’ll give you a thorough and accurate quote.
4. Working with your builder
- We’ll provide your on-site contractors with a finished, professional lighting layout.
- We’ll identify fixture type, location, light bulbs, dimming, and switching, translating your wishes into detailed instructions.
- We deliver to your job site on schedule.
5. After Completion
- Our one-year in-home service warranty, along with the manufacturer’s product warranty, will cover all material and labor charges.
Curate Your Own Space
With design expertise from Certified Lighting Specialists at Madison Lighting you’ll bring light to the way you live. Lighting is so individualized to its space that a pro’s help can make it a place you want to be. In 3 steps you’ll find your design focus and discover the right light.
1. How do you use your space?
- Our expertise helps you pull together your ideas from shelter magazines, Instagram, and Pinterest. We’ll help you crystalize how you use the room now, and how you’ll use it a few years from now.
- Every space is unique. Dive into our website to find ideas that would be unique to your space.
- Start a Wish List at MadisonLighting.com
- Take photos of your spaces. Compare them with photos of spaces you love.
- Starting to see similarities? Now’s the time to choose a vibe, a style for your new space, and edit out the rest.
- Do you need to increase the lighting in some areas?
- Do the materials, lamps, and fixtures work together or fight with each other?
2. Make an Appointment
All our designers are ALA certified lighting designers who are on the cutting edge of what is new and trending in the lighting industry.
Our designers listen, ask questions, and work through your pictures and ideas with you.
Every situation is unique but our designers are well versed in coming up with creative solutions for even the most challenging of situations.
- Need a lamp or a complete lighting makeover? We’re here for you.
3. Visit Us
- Shop our showroom, see a fixture close up, stand back and imagine it in your space.
- We use color, texture, trends, proportion, and technology to help you in your design process.
- Adding lighting or ceiling fans may require an electrician. We work with them, too!